Bill and Kathy in Des Moines: Kitchen, 2 Bathrooms, 2 Wood Garden Windows, New Wood Floors, New Doors, Interior Painting
- When I first started thinking about remodeling, the thought was overwhelming. We attended the home show in Seattle and met Darlene. She was actually working for another company at the time. She came to meet with us at our home but we delayed our decision to remodel and decided to wait a bit. Finally we decided to move forward so the first thing we did was try to find Darlene. Unfortunately she had left her previous company and we weren't privy to what company she moved to. Low and behold we decided to go to the home show again and believe it or not, there was Darlene! Thank goodness! I can't begin to express my Thanks to her as the Project Manager for our remodel. We ended up having extensive work done and during the entire process she stayed on top of the construction, the contractor, the sub-contractors, the suppliers and, most importantly, did whatever it took to make sure our remodel was completed on time. I am a tough nut to please, as I tend to be a perfectionist, but through it all, Darlene worked with me on a daily basis, never lost her patience and helped me stay focused on what I needed to get accomplished so the job wasn't delayed.
Darlene also recommended the companies we should do business with. Ian Jones, our Interior Designer/Painter and project manager, is the best there is. He had great ideas and when they all came together, our colors look awesome and the job he did was spectacular. In fact, we are going to hire him this summer to paint the outside of our home. I don't know if I've ever seen tile installed any better than the company that installed ours. Again, Darlene's recommendation!
We are very, very pleased with the outcome of our remodel and would highly recommend Darlene, Ian and all others that were a part of it.
Sandy and Pete in Tacoma:
- We recently had a complete kitchen, laundry room and entryway remodel by Ian Jones Design Build. We were very satisfied. What we received was far beyond what we expected. Really honorable staff, very committed to doing a great job. Talented and skilled professionals, arriving on time, working hard, and providing an artistry that I have continued to appreciate made the project a joy. You can probably imagine, having one’s kitchen remodeled in a small home could have been a nightmare. Ian and Darlene were so much fun to have around and so skilled and helpful. I actually looked forward to every day. Would definitely hire this crew of people again.
Don in Seattle: Kitchen, Master Bath and Guest Bathroom Remodel
- Ian and Darlene were both easy to work with and provided excellent alternatives and design ideas throughout the project.
I really appreciated the attention to detail during the construction. When we ran into issues, both were excellent at working with me to determine acceptable solutions. I appreciated the weekly meetings and the project management approach. I also liked the practical design ideas to achieve my design goals but with an attempt to find cost effective and value providing solutions.
Linda and Ken in Tacoma: Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel
- We had put off remodeling our kitchen for years. The thought of finding the right contractor was overwhelming. We met Darlene at the Tacoma Home Show and immediately felt comfortable with her. Her bid was the most detailed and complete and she worked hard to keep it within our budget. Her ideas and attention to detail are now appreciated every time we walk into our kitchen are struck by how much we love it.
Ian was such a delight to work with. He was a perfectionist and a delightful person to have around every day. During the remodeling process, Ian always kept the area clean which we really appreciated. He also picked the paint colors for us and they are perfect.
Darlene and Ian helped us through each step and we were always well informed and really did not feel stressed or worried. They were onsite every day as promised until the project was completed.
We had Ian and Darlene back the next year to remodel our bathroom. Again, the finished product is wonderful and exactly what we wanted. Our next project will be remodeling our basement and we will definitely call Ian and Darlene.
Doug in Bellevue:
- Ian (Ian Jones Design) was the paint contractor for our total home renovation. This involved color selections, drywall repairs, as well as work on our deck and front outside stail railing system. The job included painting all interior walls and trim and exterior siding and trim of our 2800 square foot home with extensive use of accent walls – something new for us. Ian was an absolute pleasure to work with—flexible, open minded, and with a real focus on details. He is creative, engaging and a very positive person to partner with during these often challenging times of renovations and change. Anyone would be fortunate to have him do work for them. Darlene handled all of the interior design and interior remodeling. Darlene and Ian were a great team. For any work of this type in our future—Ian and Darlene will be at the top of our list.
Pete and Sandy in Browns Point:
- We recently had a complete kitchen, laundry room, and entryway remodel by Ian Jones Design Build and we were very satisfied. What we received was far beyond what we expected. A really honorable staff, both Ian and Darlene were very commited to doing a great job. Talented and skilled professionals, arriving on time, working hard, and providing an artistry that I have continued to appreciate made the project a joy. You can probably imagine that having one's kitchen remodeled in a small home could have been a nightmare. They were so much fun to have around, so skilled and so helpful, I actually looked forward to them coming every day. We would definitely hire this crew of people again.
Lisa in Windermere:
- We have worked with Ian for over 15 years on a variety of projects. What keeps us coming back to Ian is that he always makes sure we are 100% happy with the job. Ian always has a positive and professional attitude and gets our jobs done to our high standards.
Rebecca and Ed in Capitol Hill:
- Ian Jones Design did the interior painting (and also consulted with us on color choice; no easy task!) of our entire house on Capitol Hill. It was a huge job that was done on time and on budget. Ian and his small crew were professional, reliable and honest. On top of that, they brought a great sense of humor, calm and a great attitude to the job every day. We recommend them highly!
Stephen and Arlene in Queen Anne:
- We worked with Ian Jones Design on the remodel of the inside and outside of our home on Queen Anne in Seattle. We have newly remodeled kitchen, bathrooms, second story cantilevered deck and basement, not to mention new paint throughout, even some landscaping! Ian’s ideas, workmanship and attention to detail are top notch, you’d be lucky to have him!
Janice in Maple Leaf:
- Ian was highly recommended by our kitchen contractor for his painting skills. Having just installed unfinished custom cabinets, we knew the quality of the painting would be critical to the final look of our cabinets and kitchen. Ian had both the skill and dedication to create a beautiful end product. The cabinets look very crisp and clean, with a very subtle brush stroke that we like. He took the time to prep the materials and review his work for touch-up, and was consistently responsive to our requests and questions.
We called Ian again to paint new interior doors, trim and walls/ceilings. He has an eye for color and design, and we appreciated his help and advice in choosing paint colors. The interior looks great! He also repaired and retextured drywall, and did a lot of prep work so our old varnished mahogany jambs/sills would take the new paint.
Ian has always shown integrity in his business dealings with us, and is very personable and easy to communicate with. Thanks Ian for fine workmanship and professional service!
Lea and Michael in Seward Park:
- The terrific thing about working with Ian is what he brings to every project – big or small. He has such a keen sense of design, and an terrific eye for detail, that everything he does – be it a simple shelf, or a full basement remodel – looks like it’s always been there, like it couldn’t have been any other way. He’s painted rooms, added moldings, put in shelves, remodeled our kitchen and basement, and I’ve been more than pleased with all his work. He’s reliable, professional, and a pleasure to have around. Without reservation, I highly recommend him.
Jack and Anna in Brier:
- Ian Jones has been our go-to guy for all of our house remodeling/updates over the past couple of years. No matter the size of the project, Ian's approach is the same, and he follows through on his promises. We've appreciated his hard work, reliability, demeanor, and approach. We have several more projects ahead and Ian will be the first person we call to get design advice, ideas and to help complete the work. We highly recommend him to anyone interested in improving the look and function of their home!